Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Welcome to CaliBrew!


Beer Enthusiasts,

Welcome to CaliBrew! My name is Nick Pinkerton (aka Pink), and I'm a college student who, like you, loves beer and everything about beer. I've started CaliBrew as an effort to participate in the beer community--to increase my knowledge of beer, its history, its culture, its essence. Furthermore, I want to create an environment in which you may participate with each other. This site will serve as a forum that is directed toward learning about and celebrating beer, and I encourage all of you to share your knowledge, interests, and opinions with me and with each other.

So why CaliBrew? This site will primarily focus on beers in Califronia, from the numerous breweries--large and small--the California beer culture and evolution of the role of beer in California life. I will be touring breweries, speaking with beer experts and enthusiasts, discovering the phenomenon of home brewing, write reviews, and do plenty of California beer tasting.

I first became intersted in everything beer-related when studying abroad and traveling in Europe. I was living in Copenhagen, Denamrk, home of Carlsberg, but sampled a number of excellent craft beers from the continent. In addition, I learned much abiut beer as a business during my marketing project for an international marketing and branding class. This marked the foundation of something I wanted to carry over into my life as an American, so here I am to share it with you.

I'm a particular fan of pale ales and Bavarian wheat beers.
But whatever brew is in my hand, I always say cheers!

- Pink


No comments:

Post a Comment