Monday, March 14, 2011

Boston; Craft Beer Capital of North America!

Hey Gang,
This past weekend I had the fortune of spending a weekend in Boston, MA. I was here for a business trip but I definitely had ample time to get out and check on the beer scene. It's no surprise that Boston is the craft beer hub of the western hemisphere. Many of the bars feature local craft brews, and all of them have at least Boston lager and a Sam Adams seasonal on draft (for March it's Noble Pils, a German/Bomhemian hop-infused lager).

In fact, I was here the same weekend as the Extreme Beer Festival so it's sad to say I missed out on all of the action. However, my buddy from college, Chris, and his gang at Brewbound were there covering the event and even spending time with the likes of Sam Calagione (Dogfish Head) and other craft brew icons. 

In addition, I also came across a small chain of brewery-restaurants called Boston beer works. You can get some pretty good pub grub and have a bevy of ales to sample. BBWorks even has seasonals on tap. I was looking for a black IPA, or as they called it, "India porter," but they were out of it for the time being. Oh well, I enjoy one of their Irish Stouts very much. 

hen there was my actual business trip. That went very well! And I also got to see my best friend who lives here. I totally surprised the guy as he no idea I was coming over. Wonderful trip indeed. I'm going to miss this place after four days, so I plan on saving up some dough and getting out here again for some brew, best friend, baseball, and chowda. That's wicked pissah pal. 

You Stay Hoppy California,
Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment