Sunday, April 3, 2011

Kicking Around Some Ideas

Hey Guys,
So I've decided to kick around some ideas on how I can make Calibrew more interesting. 

I think one important attribute that I bring to the table is my youth. Not all too many people at 23 are into craft beer (especially to the degree that I am). What would strengthen my ability to channel the positive qualities of craft beer is contextualizing craft beer a little more. I could talk about craft beer's current role in Californian, American and international beer culture. I could breed a new generation of brew disciples and do so as one of them.

The essence of Calibrew is capturing the craft beer scene in California, particularly in Northern California. That's a lot of beer country to cover, so perhaps I'll confine my segment to the Bay Area and perhaps a little beyond. You've got fantastic breweries from Anchor, to Drake, Russian River and a large homebrewing culture. But even so, I'm not sure how much more light I would be shining down for that scene. Taking beer trips is a great way to gain exposure to beer and the stories around it. Too bad I'm short on money, a definite downside of being 23 years old.

Another idea would for me to accompany my reviews and commentary with more of my stories around craft beer. I have some great stories indeed, such as my microbrewery project in Copenhagen to my nights at the Map Room in Chicago. There's much more to beer besides tasting the beer, so perhaps it's time for me to capture this a little better.

If you have any ideas for me, please feel free to share them here. I always welcome outside feedback!

You Stay Hoppy California,
Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment